Wednesday 11 September 2013

The Ease of Owning a Car

Sarcasm, if you couldn’t tell… As predicted on my introduction post, I’m going to talk about owning a car… No, it’s not easy and I think anybody who doesn’t own a car can’t see the issues - ‘oh, they have a car so life is easy for them’... Sorry about having another rant but in the last week I've received two parking tickets so I think I have the right lol…



I own a high performance car... and to be expected my costs are pretty extortionate, however even with my previous car,a family saloon/sedan, it was still pretty high… For example, with that car, I had to spend at least £500 a year for repairs - granted, I should have bought a car with a lower mileage, but it was the shape I liked at a price I could afford… The costs go on though… On average, over 4 years, I had to fork out £1500 a year for insurance, then another £200 for road tax (which apparently isn’t even road tax any more! the government can choose what to do with that money and they usually choose not to fix the f*cking potholes that f*ck up our cars) and then on top of that petrol costs about 30p a mile (which doesn’t sound much but usually people do about 10000 to 12000 miles a year, so it is a wallet rape, especially when you consider other countries charge as little as 10p a mile)... now with the high performance car, my tax is £475 and insurance is close to £2000, but I shouldn’t really complain seeing as I coulda bought a new tax free car for the price I paid (you can check my car out here)... but now I guess I should set aside about £200 a year for fines - yeah, I know, if you get a parking ticket you deserve it…

My argument is that for my first ticket, I was on a single yellow in a safe place but a camera caught me, not a person… My day wasn’t going too great already and the ticket just knocked me down further… and then for my second ticket, I had parked in a bay that was suspended for road works... I should have noticed the sign saying it was suspended but after parking in the same place 3 or 4 times a week for over a year, it's become a habit not to look at the parking sign because I know it's okay... It's annoying because I had a really hard nights work of photography and a parking ticket is not something I wanted to come back to...

I really hate how they always try and con their way to your money in this country... For example, instead of having cones around the suspended bay, which makes more sense, they place a sign over the parking information... Or they have different times for every single f*cking bus lane... Or they hide speed cameras behind bushes... They love taking money from those that work hard to earn it...

But I guess these things happen! The way I try to think about it is:
“Why worry if you can do something about it; and why worry if you cannot do anything about it”
and at least I have you guys to shout about it to! :)

Until my next annoyance, sayonara b*tches...

No comments:

Post a Comment