Sunday 2 February 2014

Why Paul Walker Meant So Much To Me...

I guess this is a little late - Mr. Walker passed at the end of November and I did want to write about it then but after taking such a long break from writing on Pantherum, it was hard to get back in the mood... But we are back and we will be writing way more regularly...

Anyways, I wanted to tell you guys why Paul Walker meant so much to me... He was more than just an actor, as a lot of people point out... He was the original street racer that I watched when I was a kid.... I actually remember going to the cinema (under-age) and watching it with a mate... Back in 2001 - when I was 9 going on 10! Jheeze, 13 years ago... Hard to imagine... How many films do you remember going to the cinema for?? It was actually such a special movie to me...

When I was a kid, I loved cars (I still do!) - more than anything in the world, I loved cars... I couldn't wait to drive or buy my own car... But I never even imagined modifying my car until I saw the first Fast and Furious.... And who made it special? Walker along with Vin Diesel made this the coolest thing I had ever seen... And it was from then that I vowed to modify my own car... I'm pretty sure my car would look nothing like it does right now if it wasn't for them two... (I also vowed to get an Mitsubishi Evo after seeing the 2nd film but that flopped)...

That rush you see Paul Walker show, in the first drag race, is exactly how it feels when you win a race... And when he says 'dude, I almost had you', it just felt so real to me as a kid... He showed how it really is to be in a race... Not many will realise because not many people have raced...

Not gonna lie Paul, no car enthusiast will ever forget you... You were my childhood hero...

RIP Paul Walker :(

P.S I feel like I have to address this thing everybody keeps saying about how we never cared about Roger Rodas and only about Walker because Walker was famous... This is bullsh*t... It's not that we don't care, it's that we didn't know Roger Rodas until the accident... We'd have to wish RIP to every person who dies if this was the case but we don't... So please shut the f*ck up...

Condolences to both men's families though...

Sayanora b*tches,
Achu

No comments:

Post a Comment